Born in 1992, Rebecca Jane Dolan is a contemporary oil painter based in the North of Dublin. Practicing primarily in portraiture, her works aim to capture the personality and likeness of the subject in a wholly naturalistic manner. Models are carefully transferred onto linen through the “Sight-Size” method, a technical approach employed by Old Master painters such as Velázquez and Van Dyck, as well as the modern portraitist John Singer Sargent. The use of a camera is totally avoided in order to free the artist to alter her composition when beauty presents itself in the spontaneous nature of painting from life.
After spending two years in Florence, Italy pursuing the tradition of atelier teaching at Charles H. Cecil Studios she completed her studies in fine art at the National College of Art and Design in Dublin.
If you would like to make enquiries regarding sales, commissions or for more information, please contact:
- 2017 - NCAD Degree Show, National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- 2017 - NCAD Conscious Makers, Zozimus Gallery, Dublin
- 2017 - Shortlisted for Future Makers Award
- 2016 - 135th Annual Exhibition, Royal Ulster Academy, Ulster Museum, Belfast
- 2016 - Artwaves Exhibition, Skerries Mills, Dublin
- 2016 - Enantiodromia, Gallery Zozimus, Dublin
- 2015/2016 - Kildare Gallery, Carton House, Kildare
- 2015 - 185th Annual Exhibition, Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin
- 2012 - Skerries Culture Week, Skerries Arts Centre, Dublin
- 2012 - Core Exhibition, National College of Art and Design, Dublin